*
H-E-L-L-O G-U-Y-S!
Ok, that makes around 7 points plus triple letter score plus double word score...............................
Haha, as you can see, I just had a scrabble competition today... It was rather cool... I'm now suffering from post-scrabble depression... =P Haha... Ok, let me now run through the stuff I did t-o-d-a-y... (8 points plus triple word score=24)
Woke up rather early today... Went to Cat. Class and ate breakfast with the usual gang in the church canteen. Man, I'm never gonna eat Mee Siam ever again!!! It ruined my white OP shirt!!! AAHHHHHH!!!!
OK, so after breakfast, I went back home to change into another shirt. I chose the colour red for good luck... lol... Haha... Met Joel(Ng) and Joanne in the 187 bus shortly after that.
Alright, Let the competition begin!!!!
My first opponent was a guy from Pasir Ris Crest secondary school.
Man, was the match intense!!! He was so freaking impatient and he always had to HIT the freaking timer with full force that shook the whole table. Man, this guy wanted to win so badly!
Overall, I can safely call this match a warm-up because I did not really concentrate that well... My score was 199. A pathetic score compared to his 384. Well, I didn't mind losing, besides, it was only a game... Only a freaking 1st round!
Next up, it was a guy from Nan Hua I think. It was either that school or North something... lol...
This match was kinda smooth for me. I opened the game quite well scoring a 35 point word that gave me quite an advantageous lead. This guy was so timid and did not want to challenge any of my words! Sigh, I really could not comprehend his style of playing.
Anyway, I won the game with a score of 296 and his score was 142... (At least this guy was more merciful with the timer... lOl...)
And finally, it was the FINAL match. In my opinion, this match was the most fun and most nerve-racking. I really could feel my heart pounding as the time ticked on...
My opponent came from Bueona Vista North secondary school... He was by far, the friendliest rival I had in this competition. We shooked hands before we started the game and we kinda joked around at the intial stages of the game.
As time ticked on, the game grew more and more intense. I was winning him by a mere margin of 20-30 points. This was indeed a very fun and competitive game. There was a point in the game where we were actually on par with the score 111! Ain't that cool!?
Anyway, I slowly paced myself and within a few turns, I was leading again. But my lead wasn't for long.
He overtook me when he made a word on the triple word score with the letter Z being on the double letter score.
Wow! I was freaking impressed! I even complemented his move. It really was an excellent move. Now, I was trailing by 20 points and the end was drawing near. Here was the point where I could litearally feel my heart in my mouth! =P I kept on perservering and in no time I was only trailing by 5 points!!! We were both trembling and man, my hands were indeed wet... Lol...
"RING!!!" the bell went off, signalling the end of the competition. Sigh, I lost him with a score of 229 to 232... A mere difference of 3 points. I was not that sad because I enjoyed this last game and I did my very best. I could ask for no more than that...
Well, I congratulated him and exclaimed:"Freaking Good GAME!!!" Haha,
He replied with:"Wow, I almost suffered from a heart attack playing with you. It was fun... Thanks..."
My overall ranking was somewhere in between 70-75. Not too bad though... =P
Joel did rather well... His ranking should be around top 30 I guess...
Thats all for today. I gotta get ready for tomorrow's student leadership camp...
Gd nite everyone... =)
G-O-O-D N-I-T-E ( 6+5 with a double word score on T)
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 9:45 pm~
~~~