*
"Collide" - Howie Day
Someone once asked me, a rather long time ago, why I joined the Altar Server's Of St Mary of the Angels...
That was around 7 years ago, and I could not give him an answer... I felt so ashamed...
I asked myself that same question yesterday, while reminicing some very heart-warming memories in bed, and then I realised. Most of these memories came from the servers...
It is indeed true that another big part of those memories came from my family and also, my favourite group of friends (Countless memories I tell you... But the most striking one is still last year's Easter mass), but the other big part came from the servers...
I've grown really attached to it. The love and just the strength of the brotherhood and close bond among all of us is amazing. Simply, amazing.
Each time I serve mass, I feel happy. Moreover, whenever I see younger servers serve their own mass full of confidence and also, with that special and unique smile on each of their faces, the same servers that I trained before, I just feel so satisfied. This satisfaction to me, is something so far, only the altar servers can provide.
Although I know that I would not be in the society much longer, I would just like to cherish this last few masses I have with my fellow servers.
The altar servers has been a pillar of my life that I will and always cherish and treasure. It was something I reminiced with both tears and smiles and also laughter.
I love being an Altar server. But I pray that the Lord would give me the strength to let it go when the time comes...
I agree with what Marianne said before that I am "...truly a proud altar server..." I admit it, and I just can't help it... I love being an altar server...=)
Something I'd never forget would be our core values... (Yes, we actually have core values...)
-Service
-Sacrifice
-Brotherhood
9 years... A very long period of time indeed...
And now, I can safely answer that question that was posed to me long time ago...
Why did I join the servers?
Many reasons... Explaining and simply listing would not mean much. But I must say that the experiences and values gained has been life-changing, invaluable and simply heart-warming...
But to shorten my long answer to 2 words, I would say that I join the servers because of passion and love.
Passion and love kept me going...
It still does...
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 8:32 pm~
~~~