l
~Saturday, August 26, 2006~
*
"Running in the 90s" - Initial D


It was a nice teacher's day today... =) Its queer that Cj has it a whole week before the actual teacher's day. But in any case, it was a nice day at school.

2 lessons in the morning followed by an excellent performance at the audi. =) Very very nice...

I recall one of the songs made -> "...to all the teachers in CJC..." Lol... by the F4(-2) group. Very unique; very interesting.

Yoyo man was amazing. Super pro I would say... Dazzling performance.

T2's slideshow was wonderfully done too...

We're having our first ever parish camp tomorrow... It should be real interesting... Just finished packing...



One of the cambridge guys ever asked me whether I missed cambridge.

I smiled.

All of us did.

A melancholic kind of smile.

A smile that requires no elaboration.

A smile where unbelievable memories are just encapsulated in that one smile.



It has already been 2 weeks plus, close to 3 weeks since the reach cambridge group returned to Singapore. And boy, the reminicing and the surreal-feeling never stops. Its like a exponential curve I think - the feeling of nostalgia gets higher and higher...

This experience has been indeed enriching for me. And I'd shan't go on about how interesting the lessons were, and how cool life there was and stuff... But what I would really like to say how my life changed in Cambridge. How my faith was strengthened further and how my perception of things at home changed sooooo drastically.

'Something happened when I was there.' is what I've told some of my closest friends. A simple dialogue. A simple conversation. A simple faith sharing. And BOOM!

I still recall that incident so vividly. It changed my life. And I thank you Lord for allowing you to work through my teacher... For allowing me to finally see things in my life that I've either overlooked or neglected to see before. I sincerely thank you...

I can safely say that I've been spirtually strengthened. And I want it that way =).

And the marvellous friends that I've met there. Simply amazing. 2 weeks. Just 2 weeks; and the depth of some the friends I've got to know there is overwhelming. As cliche as it might sound, it almost seemed like a family. And I'd like to quote what a Cjcian prayed today before the concert and that was "...we are all a big family..." - Thank you so much Lord. =)


Yea, I gotta admit that I miss Cambridge. Alot. Everything about it. The lifestyle, the lessons utterly everything. I can go on like this forever... But, I'm even happier to be back at home.

Coming back to Singapore was seriously coming back home for me. Upon clearing my baggage and given both my parents a hug (and they actually said that I've grown chubbier... -_-) we had, or rather, I had a feast at the airport's coffee shop =) Ahh, prawn noodles, how I missed you...

And not forgetting my friends. How much I've missed them and how happy I was to see them...

My bestest bro Lester; Godsis Nic (She was the first person I saw upon returning to school the day after I returned), Jeremy, Dom... and Krist also sent me a nice message =)

All in all. Coming back here is seriously, returning back to reality. I miss Cambridge, I always will. And the memories there will always be kept in my heart.

But I'm glad I'm home...
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 12:32 am~
~~~