l
~Monday, February 12, 2007~
*
"Soak up the sun"

A random thought occured to me. If I consolidated all of my history notes and readings and decided to build a 'paper house thingy' (if there ever was such a thing); I reckoned that the 'house' of mine would be completed with a strong foundation of 3 layers; 5 basements, 6 levels, a rooftop with a cute chimney for Santa to enter and a small helipad. Haha. Shows you the amount of history readings and notes that I have.

So, today's post would be pretty much a summary of yet another enriching and fufilling weekend :)

Saturday was a very cool visit to the National Library with Lester. The trip to the library itself was rather long but during the bus journey, another awesome song was added onto my awesome song list. -_- The lyrics are meaningful and strikes out to me especially with the predicaments that I'm facing currently. The song is 'Creep' by Radiohead. Very nice and I shall do a detailed analysis of the song another time. Fun. :)

Apart from being extremely majestically built, the National Library is a haven for Arts students. Whether its geography, history, literature, political science etc, the NLB has it all. Haha, I sound like an advertisment.

In any case, the dedicated 4 levels of reference books was nothing but awesome and to an extent, overwhelming. Whilst Lester was going crazy with his Lit, I was going bonkers with my SEA history. Man, I was almost sure to find any of my very own history teachers there. The SEA collection is amazing and very rewarding. :)

A great visit indeed. The only thing that I found creepy about the library was the lift. From the 13th floor to Basement 1, I felt like I was free falling. Yeap, the lift was that fast.

Lunch at Subway, Junction 8 was splendid! A foot long Subway Melt. Haha, Yeap, its once again the time for food imagery :)

Next up, it was the Lentern reflection gathering by the servers' society. It was a very spiritual session and I really enjoyed and appreciated it. A time to mingle once again with the bunch of servers that I hold so dearly and a time for reflection, rejuvenation and repentence. Alliteration at its finest :) The new bunch of leaders were introduced to the society and I feel so proud of each and every one of them. I'm looking forward to the camp in June :) In any case, I shall dedicate a really long post just for the altar servers another time. There's still many assignments to be completed, Haha.


Sunday was as usual, very interesting and enjoyable. The chinese homily was extremely meaningful and deep, in a certain sense. Cat. Class was really pleasant and it has become yet another session that I look forward to on Sundays. And the rest of the day was spent trying to rush for outstanding assignments in the C.C. Dinner and a really cheeky chat with Lester was a well deserved break for the both of us and haha, all I can say is that the topic was really cheeky but very enjoyable. With lots of impulsive reactions and puns. :)


So, that was my weekend :) Workload is indeed becoming crazy. Common Test is in 14 days, Blood drive in 2 days, Valentine's Day also in 2 days. I'm really looking forward to it :)


Right then, 'Great Expectations' beckons.
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 8:49 pm~
~~~