l
~Monday, April 09, 2007~
*
"Track 11"

And so, the Holy Week has ended. The Paschal mystery is adhered. Jesus by his passion has died and has risen once again. Let us rejoice.

But frankly speaking, I can't help but feel a strong sense of melancholy and a tinge of sadness. This feeling has been with me all through the day and is still present as I'm typing this now. Its a bitter-sweet feeling. Honestly speaking; I am truly sad that the Holy Week has ended.

Call me crazy but I really enjoyed every minute of the Easter Triduum this year. Literally. I enjoyed the solitude. I enjoyed the company of friends. I enjoyed the brotherhood of the servers. And most of all, I enjoyed serving the Lord. (Warning, I'm gonna be rather hazy in my expression in the next sentence)

I felt as if time stood still whenever I served any of the masses celebrated this year. Whether it was Maundy Thursday; which by the way, was extremely meaningful with the continuation of the adoration that I really appreciated. Or whether it was Good Friday and needless to say, Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday itself, I just felt like everything was just 'right'. It sounds extremely vauge and ambiguous, but that was what I felt.

'Right'.

It was as thought everything else did not matter. And that the time I spent serving the mass, and serving the Lord was all that mattered. A sense of peace. An intimate time spent with the Lord.

I know I sound extremely religious here, but that was what I felt. And such feelings don't really arise often. Needless to say, I have to reiterate again that I enjoyed the whole of the Triduum serving the Lord. Not by mere serving the mass alone; but as mentioned, the many aspects, memories and experiences that I had throughout the whole of last week. It is made even more memorable with the fact that it may very well be the last time that I'd be serving such a grand celebration ever again.

I can forsee myself, a year from now, reminiscing this very occasion and smiling a sweet bitter smile of recollection. Amidst the barracks, uniforms, boots, and shoe polish, I know that these memories will always remain with me and provide the much needed boost and motivation that I will require.


And it was only made even more memorable with the fact that it was the first time, ever in my entire life that I appeared on TV!!! National TV; for about 8 seconds. Haha. CNA filmed us during the 11 o'clock service on Good Friday. Yes yes, being very egoistic here but hey, it is not everyday that you get to see yourself on TV. :)


There's so much more that I could and would eventually blog about the past week. But today is not the time. Sigh. Its gonna be yet another intensed week; the highlights being 3 tests :) 1 on wednesday and 2 on friday. Fun. Thus, History beckons and Econs can jolly well be my best friend for now. Therefore, I'd just like to say that it was and has been a marvellous Triduum this year. One where I'll remember, reminisce, recall and recollect (alliteration! :P) for a very long time. Here's a big thank you to all those that shared this amazing experience with me:

- My Mum :)
- Priests and Brothers whom really provided alot of support and encouragement for us.
- The Altar Servers; headed by Phillip :) Well done man, very proud of ya.
- Best Friends; you know who you are :)
- CNA (HAHAHA:P)
- And yes, the rest of the people that should be here too. You know who you are :)

So yea, here's to a great year ahead. And as the saying goes, "Rejoice, for he is Risen. He is Risen again Alleluia :)"
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 8:37 pm~
~~~