l
~Sunday, April 22, 2007~
*
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery" - James Joyce

Just received an email from my secondary school mate and the gist of the email was this:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away"

In my opinion, that quote has great meaning to it. Abit cliched? And the rest of the email was a list of things that was claimed "100% true" and was supposed to be something that not many would realise. Lets test its reliability and accuracy!! Woohoo SBQ skills...

1. At least 2 people in this world love you so much that they would die for you.

- I question the usage of the number - 2. The rather generalised view when one sees this would be the two most important people in one's life. Parents! Mum and Dad. Papa and Mummy. I'm sure many parents in the world would die for their childrens.

2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.

- Once again, I question the usage of the number - 15. Why 15? Why not more? Haha, being alittle egoistic here. But seriously, why 15?

3. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.

- This topic is debatable.

4. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.

- Its nice to know that people do think about you before they go to bed and catch their 40 winks. But I find it almost comical to see the word "someone" in capital letters. Why is there a need to draw so much attention to that word?

5. You mean the world to someone.

- Aww. Simply, aww. XD

6. If it was not for you, someone may not be living.

- Hmm. All I can say is, if I wasn't for me, someone would be living. But by saying that, I'd be tempting fate.

7. You are special and unique.

- And yes, we are all God's children! :)

8. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you trust God to do what's best, and wait on His time, sooner or later, you will get it or something better.

- Yeap, Agreed.

9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good can still come from it.

- Yea, the only 'good' that strikes me now that would come from making a biggest mistake would be the learning experience garnered from it.

10. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look; you most likely turned your back on the world.

- Haha, I found this particular neat.

11. Someone that you don't even know exist, loves you.

- Hmm.

12. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

- Yeap, I always remember the compliments I've received. They feel good, don't they?

13. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know and you'll both be happy.

- Debatable.

14. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great.

- Yeap, I agree. I do have great friends, and they know as well as I do, that I love them :)


-Finish-


I'm alittle lazy to use my SBQ skills on it heh heh. But considering the events that has occured during the course of the week, I'm indeed thankful for many things. The many many things in life, no matter how small and insignificant does indeed make a huge difference.


Take time to love. Take time to give. Take time to smile. Take time to laugh. Take time to reminisce. Take time to reflect.

And if 'taking' time becomes a hassle, MAKE time then.

After this week, I learnt abit more of the never-ending lesson of love. After all, Christian in Moulin Rouge was quite right in saying that "the best thing in life is to love, and be loved in return"

I can only agree.
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 8:03 pm~
~~~