*
"You were the last high"
Just received an email and metaphorically speaking, it felt like icy cold water being poured through my body.
The feeling sucks. Its just this awful feeling. But being harsh, its more of reality. Sigh.
So, today was no doubt, a good day. The highlight of the day was sun-tanning in Sentosa together with the rest of the guys from the class. Good fun. :) But I must say, prices at Sentosa are really really inelastic, (haha - econs), seriously very very inflated.
Oh well, its 'island-life' after all. I assume living on an 'island' would imply a high cost of living too. Haha, that brings me back to my economics paper yesterday. It was pretty okay, case-study was abit harder than expected but overall, the essays were ok.
Shit, I'm really really scared for this one. Its one of the first exams that I KNOW for sure that I wouldn't do too well, and what freaks me out is the constant nagging voice in my head (coupled with the harsh reality, and a few teachers too XD) that the MYEs is infact our 2nd last 'rehersal'; our second last dry-run for the big A levels. I daresay it - I'm scared. To the point of being paranoid.
Here I was indulging in 'Friends' and 'Top Gear', wasting away valuable time (ironically, even this post should be deemed as a time waster) while I could be doing something much more productive. Like mugging for economics or more importantly, studying for history! Sigh, its harsh and hard to snap back into reality. Guess its time I did. Just two days of indulgence and I feel rather guilty already. I guess this is a sign of sanity? or plain paranoia. I don't know; be my guest. Perhaps this is a phase all A level students have to go through. Perhaps this is a phase of life, an obstacle to overcome. Perhaps I should stop asking these rather stupid questions.
Sigh. As how my Dad puts it "Time to turn on the turbo/supercharger already..." Time to get back on track, re-focus and get my act together.
But I have to say, yesterday was a blast. Really one heck of an enjoyable time. Subway-ing, Bowling, Daytona-ing, Shooting some criminals - thingy and spending time hanging around with friends. Dinner was great; and boy were the video transfers amazing. Thanks guys, it was great :)
It all boils down to the plain fact on moderation. Extreme ends of the spectrum are never good; unnatural. Sigh, I need a good night's sleep. (Becoming mental already)
On an ending note, the book that I just got from the library yesterday is quite enjoyable. Its Ben Okri's - In Arcadia. Comparable to some of the Paper 4 texts too. The following extracts of the books got me pondering today and its little wonder why the book is a "winner of the Booker prize". His critique on society is laughable yet highly agreeable.
This is one of my favourite parts so far:
If one must work for the devil, then one must be an unpleasant servant, a servant that wants to overthrow the master, and gain the sublime laugher of liberation ... And so I play the game of revolving meanings, the double and triple bluff, and leave you enraged at an enigma that does not speak the plain idiotic language that you are used to, the language by which politicians and admen on you ... If you cannot read me inside ouy, like a riddle or a paradox, how will you ever make sense of the invisible inscriptions ...
I hope I'm infuriating you so much that you want to throw this book aside and pick up one more suited to your sheep-like complacency. Actually, I don't mind sheep. Its human beings behaving like sheep that I can't stand. I hope this is getting through to you ... We are drawing up to the next statiuon, a chapter ending.
Ben Okri, you're amazing.
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 9:21 pm~
~~~