l
~Sunday, July 29, 2007~
*
"Love Today"

I find this song exceptionally catchy. In any case, the following extract rather interesting:

"Immortality is a concept. If you take 'mortality' as being, not death, but the fore-knowledge of it and the fear of it, then 'immoratility' is the absence of such fear. Babies are immortal. Edit out the fear and you'll be ... "

I happen to chance upon the following quote today while reading an article and it reminded me of The Handmaid's tale:

"I think therefore I am"

Which, as Lester accurately pointed out was a comment made by Descartes, a French philosopher, writer and scientist.

This reminded me of THT, as the actual quote:

"I tell, therefore you are"

Seems to be a reflection and maybe an inversion of Descartes comment.

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" - I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am.

Interesting eh?

In any case, this weekend has been great. The annual SMOTA's Feast day; Food and Funfair was amazing. The food was nice, the company was great and the entire experience was extremely memorable and very enjoyable :)

Overall, it was a great weekend.
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 11:42 pm~
~~~