*
"Hit by a feeling"
Its 3.57pm and I find myself once again stoning infront of my computer screen, staring at meaningless words and craving for the end of yet another mundane and mechanical work day.
So how is a day in PSA like? Haha, well let me show you!
(As you can see, the lame form of writing style and the lack of topics to type only goes to show how I am suffering from 2 chronic illnesses. Namely, the A.S.S Syndrome which is also known as the Afternoon Sleepy Syndrome and Boredom.)
A typical working day for me begins by waking up from the peaceful and tranquil alternative realm; that pseudo reality also known to many as Sleep. :)
My dress code as quoted by my superiors has to be "formal" and "business-like". They fail to mention "overly mature" looking. Why? Well, dressing up in a simple shirt and pants made me seem like a 26 year-old on the first day of my internship.
"Hi, how old are you? 26?" Haha, I'll never forget that comment made by many.
Breakfast is simple - A cup of Milo.
Transportation is simple - I hitch a ride from my parents:)
Taking the lift to the 38th Floor of the PSA Building gives me some time to ponder and reflect upon my current predicament and state of life. Being a overly reflective person, I often find it hard to believe that I'm actually out of the school-going years and that I'm actually in the working realm.
On a side note, I actually feel a little weird and even queasy whenever I see others in uniform during my Lunch Breaks and also, whenever I see the faded-blue CJ Uniform, hanging in my bedroom, catching dust.
It wasn't so long ago that the exact uniform was of a brighter shade of blue and was so stiff that it could stand by itself without any support.
Anyway, my workplace is pretty neat. The people here are generally rather friendly and there are the few wacky bunch of people that I hang out with. Its a pleasure having lunch with them everyday. The laughter, jokes and light-heartedness makes me reminisce the nostlagic JC days.
My working desk is often cluttered with HR Books and the occasional homework/paper work that needs to be completed. Coupled with my trusty IBM laptop (the machine is 4 years old and it is still as solid as a rock! Has never crashed or screwed up before!), a telephone with many many buttons, my desk is complete with my enormous water jug.
Behind me is a panoramic view of numerous buildings. NOL, River Valley High School, AIA etc. Thank goodness for the greenery. Staring at the computer screen all day long really does wonders to your eyes.
I like where my desk is situated at. It is near both the pantry and the toilet! Haha!
In retrospect, after typing this post, I am indeed blessed to have this internship. Mundane and prosaic as it may be, I am still grateful for this opportunity. Being in the Human Resource department has really been an eye opener for me. The whole concept of HR in a company is indeed interesting, although it may be extremely dry in theory.
Anyways, I guess this period of time has made me understand the difference between college/student life and that of the working life. Somehow, there's this secure and safe feeling that schools provide. There's a warm, comfortable and homely feeling. Yet, independence in school can never be compared to that of the working world.
How apt.
There's alot of growing up to do. And I guess, my journey has only just begun.
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 3:57 pm~
~~~