*
"Calendar Girl"
Results on Friday.
Oh well ...
Yet another chapter of my life beckons.
Even though its already March; sitting here and typing this post, I still find myself recalling many of the experiences and memories I had in CJC. Even though National Service is in a month's time, I still find myself smiling at the little things that remind me of school.
Just yesterday, I saw Shane at the Bus-stop during my Lunch Break. And that itself made me reminisce all the times I spent waiting at the college's bus-stop for 985. All those times, all those memories. It has indeed been rather bitter-sweet for me.
I look in front and I see my class picture. The formal one and the wacky one. I turn around and I still see all the various subjects I used to take. Literature books packed nicely, Economics notes falling all over the place and History taking up the bulk of the rest of the space.
Another shelf near my computer contains the college's diary, GP and Math Notes. Entering my study room, I constantly find myself sighing. As cliched as it sounds, time has indeed flown too fast for me.
I enjoyed my JC days. As weird as it may sound, I enjoyed every bit of it. The relentless mugging, the indescribable and extremely memorable experiences, CIP programs, Spiritual Sessions, unique lectures etc.
A vivid memory that will never leave my mind would be the studying period before the actual examinations. Looking at the materials, notes, essays and mock examinations done, I seriously wonder how I actually sat through all of it. I find myself staring at the crazy and hectic time schedule I had to follow at that same period of time - Mugging Sessions, tuition after tuition, Marathon periods of tuition, Sundays Burnt, Days and Nights spend at the C.C.
And just as how fast the actual exams began, it ended in that exact same way. (With the exception of Literature Paper 4 of course) I actually caught myself thinking of how life became a tad less "meaningful" without those mugging sessions and that dominant goal to work towards to. I recall how Erin said that everything became "weird" and "uncomfortable" without the As.
Gosh.
I guess its only apt that such memories be forcefully kept in the depth of my subconscious mind. Moreover, I seriously need to tidy up my room. I guess, this post has then reaffirmed my goal of spending all my energy on the present.
The moment.
The Now.
I'll leave you with this quote that I find extremely appropriate and it pretty much sums up my thoughts for the day.
The past is history.
The future is a mystery.
Today is a gift,
thats why we call it the Present.
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 8:40 pm~
~~~