*
"Track 11"
Have you ever experienced that strange ominous sense lurking around a room upon opening its door? Have you ever felt a strong sense of foreboding; a morbid realization that SOMETHING bad is going to happen? Have you ever smelt Death. Or rather, stared at it dead in the face?
Well, pardon the clumsy and heavy-ladened introduction. I'm just trying to prove and make a point here. What point exactly? I'm not too sure of it myself. It could veer along the lines of Death per se (Oh how that term - "per se" brings back memories of Economics and History Lectures heh) or maybe even evolve into issues concerning Life as a whole; Death's alter-ego. Am I rambling? Certainly.
Ultimately, all I can say is that the initial 2 weeks attachment to the Neighbourhood Police Centre has left me rather traumatized at times, and after a while, it has even anesthetized and numbed me.
Don't get me wrong, the overall experience of Real Policing has been eye opening and incredibly memorable at times. The Regulars have all been really friendly and nice. Yet, there are certainly some things that I saw and experienced that made me look at 'Life' in a whole new perspective.
Looking back at my early years of secondary school, I can't help but smile at how I used to sign off with "Treasure the Gift of Life". The Irony of it all. The simplistic naivety and childish interpretations. Yet, there are some truths in that seriously innocent statement.
I've seen the fragility of Life. I've reflected on how easy it is to end this gift called life. Then again, 'gift' might not even be the appropriate word to describe 'Life' for some. Some may consider Life to be synonymous to Hardship, Stress, anxiety and sadness. Others might view it as a curse.
All I can say is, after what I've experienced over the past couple of weeks, Life is indeed extremely fragile.
Presently, all that I'm thinking of is of how working in the night shift would be. Call it enthusiasm or anticipation. Either way, I know that it will further enhance my outlook towards life.
An Emotionally straining and Nonsensical Post.
Then again, it was an emotionally straining and nonsensical week.
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 9:27 pm~
~~~