*
"Cai Shen Dao"
Chinese New Year is around the corner again!
Can you feel it? Can you smell it? Can you sense the anticipation!
Reunion Dinners, Get-Together Sessions, Lovely Snacks and Card Games!!!
I love Festive Seasons. :)
Anyway, this weekend was very well spent. I enjoyed it.
Dinner and the visit to the Jurong East Library with Lester on Saturday was very fun. Borrowed a couple of Books. Lester lent me "The Catcher in the Rye" as well. Damn, I really miss the times in Basic Training when I had ample time (Ample meaning a good part of the entire day) to read. Those were the days.
Sigh, Nostalgia hits me hard again.
I vividly remember how my cupboard in my bunk was like a mini-library. Completing 2-3 books a week was one heck of an experience. Moreover, discussing the themes and critical issues of literary masterpieces such as "Clockwork Orange" with my bunk-mates was simply awesome. Intellectual discussions with Emmanuel was especially rejuvenating as well.
Amidst the daily mechanical training regime we had, Reading was my outlet for escapism. In the words of Poe, Reading really "elevated my soul" and "transcended" me to an "other" world. Paper 4! Paper 4! Its hard to forget the interesting things you studied in JC eh? Ask me anything about Economics and I most probably have forgotten about it.
Literature on the other hand was a pleasure. Heh.
Breakfast with Jerrick today was nice. And Lunch with Joel was really good. I've always liked catching up with friends. :)
The Investiture Ceremony in Church went very well too. Took a couple of photos with the Knights in the Sacristy.


Right, its time to catch up on my reading. Man, It really was a great weekend. :)
*
~*Chris* Was Here At 4:17 pm~
~~~