l
~Saturday, May 30, 2009~
*
"No Boundaries"

I went for the Confirmation Mass today.

And boy did it made me think.

4 years have passed since my own Confirmation. 4 freaking years. And now comes the uncomfortable part: Has my faith in God deepened or strengthened in these 4 years? Was I a better person before than I am now?

The mass itself was undoubtedly great. It was splendid in every possible way. Arch Bishop's homily was insightful, the servers were amazing and the hymns chosen were all very apt and meaningful.

Yet whilst I was facing the confirmants, I became overwhelmed with emotions. I felt a strong surge of melancholy, guilt and gradual realization all rolled into one. It is startling to realize that just 4 years ago, I was like one of them, passing through the final phase of Catechism, receiving the gifts of the Holy Spirit and looking forward to mingle with my group of friends after the mass.

I admit it. I was very spiritually superficial then. Yet, Life itself was so much more simpler then. So, if I cannot even come to terms with my deepening of faith, what then, has the past 4 years been for me?

Granted, I did a lot of growing up in JC and I am still in the midst of finding myself in National Service. Yet, I am at a complete loss when I'm dealing with my Faith and my Religion. It is as though I've reached a plateau.

The past 2 weeks then have been exceptionally poignant for me. This week was the Confirmation Mass and last week, it was the Catechist Conference.

I'll end today's post with one phrase I came across during the Conference last week. I've been constantly reflecting upon in and I think it deserves to be shared.

Your talents and the things you are good at in your life are all Gifts from God. It was given to you to make a difference. And like all gifts that are given, it can also be taken away.
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 9:47 pm~
~~~