l
~Thursday, October 29, 2009~
*
"Celebration"

Hmm. I've seem to lost the interest to blog recently. Oh well, lets see whether this will kick the inertia away and crank start the extremely rusty engine. (Read: Brain)

Life has been pretty good. I bought some really good books at "Prologue" which is, by the way, an awesome and extremely well stacked book-store. Completed a number of the books and I'm now wondering whether I should have just borrowed the books from the library.

Work has been pretty normal. My job scope is not mundane or prosaic; it is nothing of the sort, it is actually supremely interesting at times. It is just that, I've reached a point in my National Service period that I only have one and only one sole vision; one constant imagery in my mind - To ORD. And to ORD fast for that matter.

Doing some serious introspection recently, I've come to the striking conclusion that I've grown too comfortable with my current situation; my current lifestyle. I feel like it is a tad static. I can't advance forward and just waiting for time to pass by becomes seriously irritating at times.

Stasis.

Reading voraciously doesn't seem to solve the problem either. Do I really miss the intellectual rigour of studies and academia? I am really not sure.

Ray Kroc, the founder of Mac Donald's, once said a very profound quote:

When you're green, you grow. When you've ripen, you rot.

I fear that I may be verging towards the rotting side of the spectrum. :(


Anyway, enough of all the melancholy. The following items are the things that I'll be looking foward to (and with much anticipation) that should last till my ORD date. Boy, do I long for that day.

1. Kuching 2009 - I seriously need to meditate and rejuvenate myself at Mt Sinai.
2. Christmas! - Yes, call me a small boy. I do look forward to Christmas. :)
3. End of Year sale - I'm thinking of getting a Mac. I'll probably get it during the pre/post Christmas sale.
4. Endless opportunities after I ORD.


Yes, so there it is. I've kicked aside the nagging inertia and now it'll be an interesting challenge to see how long I can sustain this momentum.
*

~*Chris* Was Here At 6:38 pm~
~~~